Further development opportunities
Digital Tachograph & Drivers’ Hours
What do you get?
Certificate of Attendance
This course focuses on ensuring total compliance with the Operator’s Licence requirements. Any merchants who operate commercial vehicles need to have a full understanding of what is required; this workshop will ensure that is provided.
Who would benefit?
Drivers, Fleet Managers, Yard Supervisors.
- Organising a transport fleet legally and efficiently
- An understanding of current legislation
- Control and manage drivers
- Understand the importance of Health & Safety regulations when operating goods vehicles.
- Vehicle costing
- Standard costs
- Running costs
- Depreciation calculation
- Mileage rate calculation
- Customer delivery charging
- Driver daily vehicle checks
- Vehicle defect reporting
- Planned preventative maintenance
- Vehicle selection
- Plated weights
- Maximising and utilisation of load carrying capacity
- Increasing the value of an order
- Practical exercises
- Action plans.
How to register
Training for this course is booked on demand. To register your
interest please contact Paige Godsell at [email protected]bmf.org.uk or
call 02476 854980.