Skip to main content
Find a Member
Which Membership Is Right For Me?
What Our Members Say
Regional Centres of Excellence
Diversity in Merchanting
The Institute of Builders Merchants
Policy & Public Affairs
Changing the ratio
Aggregation of marginal gains
Leaving the European Union
Like a ton of bricks
BMF training centres
Jobs at the BMF
Website user guide
Share this page
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on LinkedIn
2 Day - Selling Into Merchants - Supplier
This interactive workshop will help you understand the merchant structure, the difference between independent and national merchants and how buying groups affect purchasing decisions. By the end of the workshop you will understand how to use your unique sales proposition (USP) to increase profitable business.
2 days face to face
Virtual classroom consists of 4 two hour sessions over 2 days.
Further development opportunities
Sales training for representatives
Sales strategy and planning
Key account management
What do you get
Certificate of attendance
This interactive workshop either delivered as a virtual classroom or face to face workshop will help improve sales across different types of merchant and explores the influence of buying groups. The practical approach will provide the opportunity to explore how to sell the value you bring to a merchant, present a solution and negotiate a positive outcome.
Who could benefit?
Any sales person engaged with selling into merchants.
This course can be adapted to help sales management develop their USP. (A consultation to understand exact training requirements will be necessary)
To help sales staff understand how their USP will add value to a merchant, and sell the benefits. Understand how to approach different merchant types and how buying groups affect the buying process. You will learn how prepare and deliver a presentation, handle objections and negotiate a positive outcome.
- Understand the unique value your business will bring to a merchant.
- Understand how to identify new sales opportunities when selling into merchants.
- Understand the influences on buying decisions their impact on purchasing decisions.
- Understand how to adapt the sales approach and how to develop sales momentum.
- Understand how to sell the value of the solution.
- Prepare and deliver a compelling pitch aimed at gaining commitment to proceed to the next step of becoming a preferred supplier / increase share of wallet.
- Understand how to negotiate and handle objections.
To book your place, please make sure you are
The price of this course is £510.00 + VAT, the price below is inclusive of VAT.
8/30/2022 9:30 AM - 8/31/2022 4:30 PM
Herald Avenue 1180 Coventry Business Park Coventry CV56UB England
Keep me signed in