Further development opportunities
What do you get?
Certificate of Attendance
‘More meetings!’ Many people see meetings as a waste of time: No clear agenda or objectives, people who dominate, no real actions decided, overrunning time…..sound familiar?
This training course is designed to help a chairperson organise the meeting well, and lead it with confidence so that the best outcomes can be achieved in the shortest time.
Who would benefit?
Anyone who has to lead a meeting.
By the end of this one day training session, participants will have learnt techniques to manage a meeting effectively, and should be able to take the lead in this situation with self-confidence and authority.
- Being clear on the reasons for holding the meeting in the first instance
- How to set and agree ‘Terms of Reference'
- Understand how to encourage a common purpose in the meeting membership
- Know how to work successfully with the minute taker for the meeting
- Planning and structuring the meeting to ensure it stays on time
- An opportunity for delegates to ‘chair’ certain discussion topics should they wish to do so. This allows people to put in to practice what they have learnt and provides invaluable experience. It also allows opportunities for all to feedback to, and learn from each other.
How to register
Training for this course is booked on demand. To register your
interest please contact Paige Godsell at firstname.lastname@example.org or
call 02476 854980.