Classroom based reinforced at branch level by management
1 day course with additional tactical support as required
Further development opportunities
Essential Sales Skills• Sales Training for Representatives
What do you get?
Certificate of Attendance
The BMF offer a popular stand-alone ‘Maximising Margin’ training course which may well result in an improvement of margin upon return to the workplace. However, to ensure that changes in behaviour are ‘driven home’ and applied, a change of culture within the branches and the business as a whole is often required.Proven margin improvement has been witnessed when a training programme is delivered that includes all sales staff, including Branch Managers and Senior Management. This programme is tailored to suit the members individual needs and may involve a number of phases. This would involve examining current practices and delivering training for the staff, whilst providing practical advice regarding any potential staff incentives. Further support can be provided to ensure that the majority of staff fully embrace the ideology and concept of the programme.
Who would benefit?
Any member of an internal sales team, Branch Managers and Senior Management.
To challenge habitual discounting and an individuals view of the term ‘expensive’. To prove that discounting prices is often completely avoidable, and that the cost price of an item bears little or no relation to the selling price. Provide staff with the confidence and skills to ‘stand firm’ and deliver appropriate resistance when under margin pressure,and therefore to stop encouraging the customer to ask for discounts.
- What customer’s really want from their merchant of choice
- What your prices represent according to market reputation
- The importance of the difference between ‘mark up’ and ‘margin’
- ‘The Perception of Value’ and why this is subjective
- Examining parts of the pricing structure within the business
- 'Pushing and Pulling’ – Reasons to say ‘No’ when asked for discount
- How to stop encouraging customers to ask for a discount
- The customers negotiating position and your negotiation style
- Character Type Recognition and how to deal with different types of customer
- Verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
How to register
Training for this course is booked on demand. To register your
interest please contact Paige Godsell at firstname.lastname@example.org or
call 02476 854980.