Managing and Controlling Stock
Managing stock levels is the key to any merchant/supply business. This one day course will show how to maintain the required stock level, therefore leading to accurate stock takes, ensuring you are complying with the HSE and having a positive influence on overall customer service.
Regional or in-company
Further development opportunities
Reducing Stock Loss & Shrinkage
Warehouse & Yard Layout
What do you get?
Certificate of Attendance
Managing stock levels is the key to any merchant/supply business. This one day course will show how to maintain the required stock level, therefore leading to accurate stock takes, ensuring you are complying with the HSE and having a positive influence on overall customer service. Who would benefit? Assistant Managers, Branch Managers, Stock Control Managers, Yard Supervisor/Foreman and Managers with an interest in Stock Management.
- Understand how stock can affect the profitability and service levels in an organisation
- Define the roles and responsibilities of a Stock Manager/Stock Controller
- Understand the principles of forecasting, planning and controlling stock
- Demonstrate effective objective setting in stock control management
- Carry out effective communications regarding stock issues with suppliers, sales staff and customers
- Demonstrate appropriate stock control management techniques
- The importance of effective stock management and role of the Stock Manager/Controller
- Setting objectives and targets in stock control management
- Understanding stock turn and its effect on profitability
- Forecasting and planning stock
- Managing demand and supply
- Safety stocks and setting stock levels
- Managing the risks and costs of holding stock
- Simultaneously meeting customer needs and minimising stock holding
How to register
Training for this course is booked on demand. To register your
interest please contact Tina Skinner at [email protected] or call 02476 854980.