Skip to main content
Find a Member
Which Membership Is Right For Me?
What Our Members Say
Regional Centres of Excellence
Women in Merchanting
Policy & Public Affairs
Changing the ratio
Aggregation of marginal gains
Leaving the European Union
Like a ton of bricks
Jobs at the BMF
Past event information
BMF Stockist Search app
Website user guide
Women in Merchanting
Share this page
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on LinkedIn
2 Day How to Train and Develop your Team Members
This two day course will teach you how to train and develop your team members.
Philip Cripps, the BMF associate tutor for this course also has a great reputation as a business author. His latest book “Management in a Minute” is now in the Business Books best sellers list.
What do you get?
Certificate of Attendance
- What do we want to achieve over the course of the next two days?
- What will be the format of the workshop?
- What do you want to gain from attending the workshop?
What are the personal attributes you need to demonstrate if you are to be an effective trainer?
- How to plan the training of your team members
- Understanding the nature and scope of your training and development responsibilities
- The identification of individuals Ambitions or Aspirations
Principles to follow and guidelines to adopt when fulfilling your responsibility to train and develop your team members
How to determine the right training methods
How to become a 'what' and a 'how' Manager
How to identify your team members motivators and sources of demotivation
How to use counselling and coaching as training opportunities
How to turn corrective interviews into positive events
How to use Performance Reviews as opportunities to change attitudes and behaviour
The workshop will feature projects and opportunities to practice the application of new techniques and approaches.
Preparatory work we would like you to undertake for the workshop:
1. What are the biggest challenges you face when seeking to train the people who report to you?
- Come to the workshop with your list of challenges. These will be discussed on Day One of the workshop.
2. If you are due to counsel one of your team members, on a work related subject, during the two week period following the workshop, bring details on the subject to the workshop.
To book your place, please make sure you are
The price of this course is £430.00 + VAT, the price below is inclusive of VAT.
9/4/2019 9:30 AM - 9/5/2019 4:30 PM
1180 Elliott Court Coventry Business Park, Herald Avenue Coventry CV5 6UB England
Keep me signed in
Create a new account