Regional or in-company
Further development opportunities
What do you get?
Certificate of Attendance
This course is designed to show how best to construct a full range of business correspondence. It will ensure total understanding of the way written communication should be produced and the pitfalls that arise from sub-standard correspondence.
Who would benefit?
Managers, Assistant Managers, Office Managers/Supervisors, anyone responsible for producing business related correspondence.
- Aware of elements and structure
- Correct use of punctuation and grammar
- Proven effective techniques
- The reader’s perception
- The difference in writing styles and when to use them.
- Considering your audience: what to consider and why it’s so important
- Overview of different writing styles (and when to use them)
- Review of different genre (e.g. e-mail, memos and letters) and how to approach them
- Aspects of good style
- Use of active and passive verbs and subject-verb agreement
- Sentence structure and effective paragraph writing
- Focusing on clarity and consistency (including tips for avoiding ambiguity)
- Dealing with spelling – some notorious words, word endings and homophones
- Editing and proof reading techniques
- Correct use of punctuation (including parentheses, apostrophe and quotation marks)
- Writing effective press releases
- Promotional writing, copywriting and writing for the digital media.
How to register
Training for this course is booked on demand. To register your
interest please contact Paige Godsell at [email protected] or
call 02476 854980.