Skip to main content
Find a Member
Which Membership Is Right For Me?
What Our Members Say
Regional Centres of Excellence
Diversity in Merchanting
The Institute of Builders Merchants
Policy & Public Affairs
Changing the ratio
Aggregation of marginal gains
Leaving the European Union
Like a ton of bricks
BMF training centres
Jobs at the BMF
Website user guide
Share this page
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on LinkedIn
Cultivating a Psychologically Safe Workplace
With the new ISO standard 45003 being launched in Summer 2021 to provide employers with a framework for Managing Psychological Health in the Workplace. This 1 day course will walk attendees through the new ISO standard so they can be proactive and begin to identify where they need to take practical action in their organisation to ensure employee wellbeing.
Regional or In-Company
Classroom or Online
Further development opportunities
Mental wellbeing awareness
Positive wellbeing conversations
What do you get?
Certificate of Attendance
With 1 in 4 adults experiencing mental ill health in their lifetime, 1 in 6 reporting they experience mental ill health in any given week – all prior to the COVID19 pandemic. The business case for investing in employee wellbeing is urgent and clear.
With the new ISO standard 45003 being launched in August 2021 to provide employers with a framework for Managing Psychological Health in the Workplace. This course will walk attendees through the new ISO standard so they can be proactive and identify where they need to take practical action.
There will be plenty of interactive discussion encouraged to support the gap analysis work and action planning. So, if employers wish to implement this standard, they will then have a clear head start.
Who would this benefit?
Anyone who leads a business, has responsibility for leading/managing people in their organisation, HR professionals and anyone with health and safety responsibilities.
- Understand the framework for the new ISO 45003
- Learn what psychosocial hazards are and processes to identify these in your organisation
- Discover the policies that will support psychological safety
- Understand the importance of the psychological contract
- Appreciate the importance of employee consultation in identifying, assessing, and developing solutions
- Learn the legislation around psychological safety
-Understand the business case for employee wellbeing
- Mental health audit to assess organisational needs
- Psychological contract – what is and why it’s important
- Employers Duty of Care & Directors responsibilities under HSE
- Responsibilities for wellbeing
- Why employee involvement is key
- Integration with the HR strategy
- And more!
How to register
Training for this course is booked on demand. To register your interest please contact Paige Godsell at
or call 02476 854980.
Keep me signed in