Skip to main content
Find a Member
Which Membership Is Right For Me?
What Our Members Say
Regional Centres of Excellence
Diversity in Merchanting
Policy & Public Affairs
Changing the ratio
Aggregation of marginal gains
Leaving the European Union
Like a ton of bricks
BMF training centres
Jobs at the BMF
BMF Stockist Search app
Website user guide
Event has a status of Frozen
Share this page
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on LinkedIn
CANX - Better Banter: Humour or Harassment?
What constitutes banter and what is acceptable in the workplace? Delivered by an employment lawyer with an understanding of the Building Materials sector. This course explores what oversteps the mark into harassment or bullying behaviour.
Regional or in-company
What do you get?
Certificate of Attendance
Inappropriate workplace banter can easily land your business in legal hot water - including grievances, tribunal claims and adverse publicity. This practical, fast-paced training ensures you understand the risks of getting it wrong, know how to set the right tone for workplace communications between employees going forward and have the tools to deal swiftly with inappropriate banter if it occurs.
- Banter vs harassment: what is the difference?
- The legal context: discrimination claims
- #MeToo: the cost of getting it wrong for your values and brand
- Dealing with social media, WhatsApp and memes
- Rise in claims: who is liable and how to protect your business
- Options for dealing with unacceptable behaviour
- The limitations of settlement agreements and 'gagging' clauses
To book your place, please make sure you are
The price of this course is £195.00 + VAT, the price below is inclusive of VAT.
BMF Regional Centre John A Stephens, Green Light Centre Castle Meadow Road Nottingham NG2 1AG England
Online registration not available.
Keep me signed in
Create a new account