Benefits of Institute Membership
IOBM Merchant Benefits
Attract and retain talented people by helping them gain recognised, accredited qualifications, that are specifically designed to raise the standard of their skills in merchanting.
- Support and reward your team with accredited qualifications, CPD, and BMF Training, that sets the standard of professionalism in merchanting.
- Recognised professional qualifications to assist an individuals progression within the Builders Merchants Industry which is transferrable, branch to branch, company to company.
- Access to Training and CPD programmes through Manufacturers and Suppliers courses whether a Member of BMF or not.
- Get support for a bespoke staff training and development programme with BMF training packages and apprenticeships, linked to IOBM grades.
- Improve staff recruitment and retention by demonstrating your investment in people.
- Improve your business by ensuring your team have the highest level of sector specific knowledge and skills, backed by accredited qualifications.
- Share your experience in merchanting with individuals seeking to advance their development, through the BMF online mentoring system.
- Help the IOBM turn merchanting into a recognised profession and a vibrant sector with attractive career opportunities.
IOBM Corporate Supporter Benefits
IOBM Corporate Supporter membership is a company level membership grade and is open to all business in the building materials supply industry including manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, buying groups and service providers.
- Associate Level membership for x2 nominated employees, who will be able to use the initials AIBM after their name.
- Free branding to raise awareness of your company.
- Free attendance and networking lunch at the Bi-Annual IOBM conference for x2 nominated employees.
- Be a role model and mentor through our recognised mentoring programme.
- Opportunity to include your company CPD programmes and training to the merchant industry and employees, free of charge.
- Gain awareness, recognition and credibility as a supporter of the Institute and its ethics.
Join the IOBM in 3 simple steps
1. Select the membership level that’s most appropriate for your experience.
2. Complete the application form and click submit.
• Merchant & Individual Application
• Corporate Supporter Application
3. We’ll process your application – usually within a few days – and email you when your membership is activated.