Benefits of Institute Membership
For Merchant employees:
- Recognised professional qualifications to assist an individuals progression within the Builders Merchants Industry which is transferrable, branch to branch, company to company. Access to BMF Training and Continual Professional Development programmes through Manufacturers and Suppliers courses whether a Member of BMF or not. Your personal achievement of qualifications and time served within the industry
- Designatory letters to use after your name on letters and emails to demonstrate your qualifications and knowledge - a defined badge of achievement. Institute membership highlights individuals experience and dedication to their profession
- Mentoring platform to be set up so Members, Fellows and Retired Members, with years of industry experience and knowledge, can help and assist those who are progressing their career
- Networking opportunities at Institute badged events ie Branch Manager Forum.
- Be seen as an industry benefactor as the membership fee will support training and development throughout this professional Institute
- Increase brand awareness. A designated Corporate page on the website outlining their support including their Logo, Strapline and link to their website and logos promoted at all Institute sponsored events
- Opportunity to include any company CPD Programmes and Training to the Merchant industry and employees, FOC
- 2 named persons as Institute contacts within their company, possibly Sales Managers/Sales Directors with a need to be in contact with Branch employees.
Don't just take our word for it. Find out what IOBM members have to say.
Join the IOBM in 3 simple steps
1. Select the membership level that’s most appropriate for your experience.
2. Complete the application form and click submit.
• Merchant Application
• Supplier/Manufacturer Application
3. We’ll process your application – usually within a few days – and email you when your membership is activated.