The Forum will begin with tea/coffee and registration at 09:00 and commence at 09:30 and will finish by 13:00 with a networking lunch.
During this forum, Southalls who provide BMF Safety Plus will cover some of the key enforcement topics (National priorities). These are released annually by the HSE and form the basis of inspections. Southalls will use their expertise within merchants and their experience as ex enforcement officers to give you the knowledge to effectively deal with:
1. Contractor Management
including permits to work and effectively risk assessing unusual or unplanned activities such as some maintenance tasks.
2. Fire Safety
in relation to contractor management
3. CDM Regulations Merchants
frequently undertake build work e.g a branch extension or changing the site layout. This work will come under the CDM regulations 2015 which requires the project to be managed effectively to comply with the regulations. In our experience this often gets forgotten and if it goes wrong can have serious consequences for the business.
4. Promoting worker involvement
How do you effectively involve staff to ensure buy in to H&S rules?
This forum is restricted to a maximum of 2 people per organisation, with ideally one of them being a Director or Manager.* To book your place, please make sure you are logged in.
For further information about this event please contact Richard Ellithorne at email@example.com.
If you wish to cancel your booking/registration, no fee will be charged if cancelled before the day of the event. However, on the day of the event a fee of £20 will be charged for non attendance to cover the catering costs.
1. Select register myself button - towards the bottom of the page
2. Please add relevant programme option - on the right hand side
3. If you are registering just for yourself please select - checkout button bottom right (please see below if you are registering a colleague)
4. To complete your booking select proceed to checkout - bottom right
5. Registration complete and you will receive an email booking confirmation.
Registering someone else
6. If you are adding a colleague click on register someone else after you have completed points 1&2 noted above / if you are doing this on behalf of someone else please select register someone else and ignore the above.
7. Select contact from the drop down list or add new contact
8. click save and close - towards the bottom of the page
9. Please add relevant programme option - on the right hand side
10. If you are registering just for yourself please select proceed to checkout button - bottom right (please see below if you are registering a colleague)
11. To complete your booking select submit order - bottom right
12. Registration complete and you will receive an email booking confirmation.