Builders’ Merchants News is again searching for the industry’s best and brightest, following a hugely successful 2017 Awards luncheon which saw over 750 people networking and celebrating merchants’ achievements. View the 2017 Awards video here.
As the industry’s leading Awards event, the Builders’ Merchants Awards for Excellence is now in its 17th year and has a long and distinguished history of supporting the dynamic builders’ merchant industry.
This year’s prestigious Awards ceremony will be held at the Hilton Park Lane Hotel, in London, on Friday 23 November, with a top secret celebrity host. With previous hosts including Joanna Lumley, Dara O’Briain and Hugh Dennis, this is one event you won’t want to miss! In 2018, BMN want to celebrate all the hard work and growth you have enjoyed in your business over the past 12 months, letting the entire industry know why yours is the business to watch.
Now in their 17th year, the awards recognise and celebrate excellence by merchants and the people who work for them.
There are 21 different categories this year, including two new
ones, and you can nominate yourself or be put forward by colleagues.
Entries must be submitted at www.merchants-awards.co.uk by 31 August 2018.
A panel of independent judges will choose the winners of these
prestigious awards from a shortlist of entries that demonstrate the very
best that merchanting has to offer.
The awards ceremony will be held at the Hilton Park Lane hotel
in central London on 23 November, hosted by one of the biggest and
best-loved names in British showbiz. He’s following in the footsteps of
actress Joanna Lumley, who hosted last year’s awards, and comedian Dara O
Briain, who hosted the 2016 awards.
We’re very pleased to be the official partner for this year’s
awards, and some of the industry’s leading lights as sponsors of the
categories. The categories are:
- Website and Digital Initiative of the Year (sponsored by Blue Rock Systems)
- Marketing Initiative of the Year (sponsored by Catnic)
- Training Initiative of the Year (sponsored by Klober UK & Ireland)
- Best Community Initiative by a Builders’ Merchant (sponsored by Encon Insulation)
- Best Customer Service of the Year (sponsored by Ibstock)
- Hard Landscaping Display of the Year (sponsored by Bradstone)
- Showroom of the Year (sponsored by Lakes Bathrooms)
- Tool Showroom of the Year (sponsored by NMBS Ltd and Toolbank)
- Supplier Account Manager of the Year (sponsored by SRS Recruitment)
- Trainee of the Year (sponsored by TIMco)
- Timber Merchant of the Year (sponsored by SCA Merchant Services)
- Heating & Plumbing Merchant of the Year (sponsored by Ariston)
- Independent Builders’ Merchant of the Year (1-10 branches) (sponsored by Keystone Group)
- Independent Builders’ Merchant of the Year (11-20 branches) (sponsored by Siniat)
- Independent Builders’ Merchant of the Year (21+ branches) (sponsored by Sika Everbuild)
- National Builders’ Merchant of the Year (sponsored by Hanson Cement)
- Supplier of the Year (sponsored by MRA Marketing)
- Achiever of the Year (sponsored by IKO)
- Branch Manager of the Year (sponsored by Reisser)
- Woman in Merchanting (sponsored by Epicor)
- Lifetime Achievement Award (sponsored by H+H)
You’ll find all of the information you need to make your
nominations or to attend the awards ceremony in the Official Launch
Brochure in March 2018's Builders’ Merchants News and at www.merchants-awards.co.uk. Join BMN on social media as they keep you up to date with all the awards news - we're #BMAwards18.