BMF MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT ROLE
The BMF IS RECRUITING - We require a Marketing & Communications Assistant to support our Marketing & Communications Manager at our Head Office in Coventry.
Interested applicants should submit their CV direct to [email protected].
BUILDERS MERCHANTS FEDERATION LIMITED
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT
Based - COVENTRY OFFICE
The Builders Merchants Federation (BMF) is the only trade association that represents the building materials sector - supporting the interests and activities of independent and national UK builders merchants and leading building material manufacturers/suppliers. Our total membership on 1 Sept 2023 stands at 900 member companies, who together have combined sales of £44.5bn and employ over 206,000 people in the UK & Ireland building materials industry. BMF’s 456 merchant members operate from over 5,800 branches across the UK and Ireland.
Reporting to: Marketing & Communications Manager
Base: Coventry Office
Salary Circa: £tbc.
Hours: Monday to Thursday, from 8:30am until 5:00pm, Friday 8.30am – 1.30pm (totalling 35 hours per week)
The role will be to work alongside the Marketing & Communications manager to promote and support the many varied activities of the trade association, which provides essential business support services to its membership ranging from staff training to networking forums, conferences, market insight information and political influence.
• Be the key contact for specific BMF activities – IOBM brand marketing, P&H Voice Magazine, BMF Young Merchant Group marketing
• Be responsible for BMF email marketing – creating, targeting and scheduling regular emails to BMF members
• Be responsible for day-to-day website editing eg page updates, posting news/press releases
• Working with agencies regarding social media support and PR
• When required, be responsible for any image editing and basic design work
• Working with BMF external design/marketing agencies and printers
• Liaise with the staff team on requirements/updates for any corporate material – eg Training/Plus Services/Member brochures
• Help with BMF events (eg Conferences/Forums) and attendance at trade exhibitions
• BMF Forum promotion, support, and administration
• Assisting with the production of publications such as BMF One Voice, Handbook, Annual Review
• Any other duties as and when required – eg covering Reception occasionally
Skills and Experience;
• Good standard of education to GCSE- including Maths & English
• Previous marketing department work experience
• Understanding of MS Office computer systems – some knowledge of Google Analytics, MailChimp (e-mail) and Survey Monkey (research questions) would be preferable
• Good skills in writing copy/content creation
• Good planning skills with excellent attention to detail
• Have a ‘can do’ attitude with the ability to work independently under pressure
• Flexible and willing to help in a small team
• Being able to travel and attend events when required
• Good communication skills, with a friendly telephone manner
• Collaborative working style and good interpersonal skills
• Have an insight into the workings of the construction industry (desirable not essential)
• Your primary place of work will be at the BMF Coventry Head Office at 1180 Elliott Court, Coventry Business Park, Canley, Coventry CV5 6UB
• Some hybrid working (up to 2 days per week) may be possible in agreement with the Marketing & Communications Manager after completion of an initial induction period
• Occasional attendance at other venues, with possible overnight stays, may also be required so you must have the ability to travel effectively
• Holiday Entitlement – 23 days plus Bank Holidays
ARE YOU A BMF TRAINER OF THE FUTURE?
The BMF is the only trade association that represents and protects the interests of builders’ merchants and suppliers to the building materials industry in the UK and Ireland. Total membership at 1 Sept 2023 stands at 900 merchant and supplier companies who together have combined sales of £44.5bn and employ over 206,000 people in the building materials industry. BMF’s 456 merchant members operate from over 5,800 branches across the UK and Ireland.
Due to the continued growth of BMF Training we are now looking for self employed trainers to complement our existing team. We are looking for trainers who can do specific courses on maximising margin, customer service, stock loss and prevention, kitchen and bathroom design as well as sales, management and leadership skills training.
The role will require travelling to and delivering training nationwide either in company or open courses at BMF Regional Centres of Excellence, Members premises and at BMF’s Head Office in Coventry.
Training is delivered Monday to Friday though some Saturday mornings are occasionally utilised.
To be a BMF trainer you will need to have a strong training background within the building materials industry and previous experience of either working in, or selling to builders' merchants. You will also need to sign a BMF Trainer Agreement to provide us and our members with your professional training services.
A Competitive day rate is paid plus expenses.
Please send your details to Richard Ellithorne, Membership Services Director at [email protected].