- BMF Apprentice Training
BMF works in partnership with training provider DIDAC to offer a specialist apprentice training scheme to merchant members. Working with DIDAC gives the critical mass to maintain and to develop the BMF programme.
- All candidates will have an initial assessment to ensure correct programme choice
- There is Government funding towards the total cost
- All training materials are provided
- There is regular monitoring by a qualified BMF Assessor to help your candidate maintain progress
- Candidates are assessed against national standards
BMF operates as a Centre for City and Guilds to offer a range of NVQs from which your candidates can select:
- Business Administration (Level 2 & 3)
- Customer Service (Level 2 & 3)
- Logistics Management (Level 3)
- Management (Level 3)
- Team Leader (Level 2)
- Warehousing and Storage (Level 2)
Apprenticeships are intended for any employee and are subject to eligibility and funding availability. An Apprenticeship programme is on average 6-12 months at the end of which candidates will have achieved an NVQ at level 2 plus Key Skills, a technical certificate and ERR.
For details of BMF Apprenticeships contact BMF scheme manager James Spillane at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 02476 854989.
- Institute of Builders Merchants
All students who have achieved their Level 2 or Level 3 apprenticeship with the BMF are offered Student or Associate Membership of the Institute at reduced membership prices.
The BMF Apprenticeship is often the first route for an individual to gain relevant and nationally recognised qualifications and this is now being supported by the IoBM to help professionalise the industry and to promote training and development.