Training Administrator, Coventry Office
The BMF is the only trade association representing and protecting the interests of builders’ merchants and suppliers to the merchanting industry in the UK. Total membership at 1 March 2018 stands at 640 merchant and supplier companies who together have combined sales approaching £28bn and employ over 123,000 people in the building materials industry. BMF’s 300+ merchant members operate in excess of 5,000 branches across the UK.
Membership Services Director Base: Coventry Office though travel to careers fairs, BMF events and training venues will be required
£22,000 per annum reviewed in March 2017. Staff bonus scheme of up to 10% of salary paid based on company results and achieving personal targets
: Monday to Friday, from 9.00am till 5.00pm (totalling 35 hours per week).
- BMF Training administration including course bookings and content, invoicing and promotion of BMF training courses
- Maintain accurate records of training attendance including companies, training course, member company
- Working with the Membership Services Director to:
- achieve a Head Office and Regional Centre training income budget in a financial year
- update Training Portfolio and Roadmap: courses in prospectus and website
- map existing courses to new Apprenticeships Standards
- knowledge creation in terms of product knowledge and new courses to market
- identifying any opportunities for course accreditation with industry and educational bodies
- Ensure full journey of training offering from apprenticeships to higher education courses
- Find an accrediting university for a Foundation Degree linked with the BMF Diploma in Merchanting
- Collate training enquiries centrally and channel out to Regional Manager’s based on their region, whilst keeping an overall record
- Liaise with tutors for their availability and maintain a shared calendar for visibility and liaise with venues for room hire and lunches for regional courses
- Administration of Foundation, Postgraduate & Masters Degree:
- Marketing of these three higher Level courses
- Filling cohorts in line with annual academic course programmes
Skills and Experience
- Have similar experience in working for a training company/provider
- Be competent in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Be a competent and methodical organiser and administrator, able to plan own workload priorities.
- Have good English literacy, communication and presentation skills.
- Be able to communicate with people at all levels by phone, e mail and in person.
- Have a smart personal appearance.
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude and be willing to be flexible and help out in a small team.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 12 April